Advanced Motion Solutions Division
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Location: Kent, OH
Business Unit: DFS
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 10N/11N
Prepared By: Lisa Watson
Prepared Date: 11/10/2021
The Accounts Receivable Administrator plays a key role in producing and providing accurate, efficient billing and accounts receivable services to AMETEK’s customer base. This position will serve as the primary contact for our customers and is responsible for the gathering and analysis of customer data, performing the processing and correction of billing records, credit and collection activities and the maintenance of the accounts receivable ledger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all vendor inquiries and contact customers to helps resolve credit balances, delinquencies, and discrepancies for customer accounts.
- Maintain and monitor prepay customers to hold and release orders or create the Proforma Invoice.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax, or mail.
- Primary point person to handle all intercompany cash transfers and intercompany sales adjustments.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Prepares analysis and ongoing audits of customer accounts.
- Audits and processes petty cash transactions.
- Process receipts and compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports in compliance with GAAP.
- Reconcile bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in different ledgers to ensure that all receipts are accounted for and properly posted.
- Present and communicate information as requested to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Works closely with department colleagues to coordinate activities, process transactions and resolve discrepancies, while tracking issues that may need additional attention or remedial action.
- Provide support to Collections and Finance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cash applications.
- History of cash reconciliations.
- High level of problem-solving skills in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Computer software proficiency.
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team, prioritize, and meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Meets deadlines and conveys reports progress, issues, and matters which require a higher level of input of decision.
- Trustworthy, reliable, and able to effectively perform with limited direct supervision.