Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life? Then apply today at Hattie Larlham to become a part of our team!
The Transportation Assistant position is full-time 1st shift.
Contact Mariama for more information at 330-732-8296.
What We Offer:
- Paid Training & Orientation
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + 6 Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Discounts
- Health Insurance Eligibility 1st of the Month after Hire
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- A free $25,000 life insurance policy
- Employer Match Retirement Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ability to leave worksite for lunch
The position of Transportation Assistant for Hattie Larlham is responsible for assisting in operation, maintenance and safety of all vehicles within the Hattie Larlham Fleet. This person will assist the Transportation Supervisor to insure all Vehicle preventative and follow up maintenance schedules are maintained as well as communicate with his/her supervisor regarding vehicle needs. This person will insure drivers are completing and maintaining pre-trip inspections and vehicle reports, as well as completing scheduled vehicle inspections. The Transportation Assistant will be expected at times to serve as an emergency back-up driver and may need to work additional hours or overtime as needed and assist as an on call driver.
In addition to Transportation Assistant duties, this role will also train employees on safety and driving requirements for vehicles within the Hattie Larlham Fleet.
Other duties include:
- Initial classroom/live driving training for all new hires that are required to drive company vehicles, including maneuverability and parking, and roadway, interstate, and back road driving practice
- Documentation of all company vehicle driving training
- Providing retraining for company vehicles after accidents and whenever the manager/director/organization deems necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Ohio driver's license with less than 6-points
- Current automobile insurance
- Ablility to pass DOT Physical for Transportation
- CPR & First Aid Certification - free training is provided if not certified
- Basic Computer experience with emails/outlook/excel/word
- Must be able to crawl, walk and climb around vehicles and drive vehicles
About Us: At Hattie Larlham, we are committed to caring for children and adults with severe or profound developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our compassionate and dedicated staff focuses on creating a nurturing environment in which individuals have opportunities to learn, have fun, feel safe, loved, and make choices about what happens in their lives.
Hattie Larlham, a place committed to comfort, joy and achievement.