Parkinson's Foundation Ohio Research PresentationName: Parkinson's Foundation Ohio Research PresentationDate: October 13, 2017Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EDTWebsite: http://www.parkinsonohio.orgEvent Description:The benefits of exercise and movement training on motor function in individuals with Parkinson's disease.
Presented by Angela L. Ridgel, PhD, CPT, EP-C, Associate Professor, Exercise Science/Physiology at Kent State University
Articles Published include:
- Dynamic cycling improves motor symptoms and mobility in individuals with PD
- Individuals with Parkinson's Disease Benefit from a Single Bout of Dynamic Cycling
- Bradykinesia and timed up and go are improved after dynamic cycling in Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's disease patients tolerate multifaceted exercise intervention while improving health-related physical fitness.
- Dynamic Cycling Promotes Upper Extremity Motor Improvements in Parkinson's disease.